Sunday, August 07, 2005

flickr-meet


flickr-meet
Originally uploaded by Scootie.

Saturday was the day of the first Melbourne Flickrmeet at Fed Square. This was a great event, with a really good bunch of flickrnauts showing up and chatting away, talking about cameras and photography and flickr, but also talking a lot about Melbourne and every other possible topic under the sun. There were a few cries of "Geeek!" (mainly from ziz) but all in all they're a pretty cool bunch of people. I think that I would be happy to have any of them in my circle of friends even if we didn't all have the photography/flickr thing in common. Those in attendance were Donina, Oz Lomo, WenDee, make.money.fast, The Cardinal (aka Joe), F o u t u g r a p h e, ziz, barbfi, Eyecatcher, lonely radio and s2art

I had a great time meeting everyone, I think we need to do it again. next week :)

2 comments:

Stuart said...

shall we workshop [drink grog and bullshit] some ideas for the next meetup, I like the title flickrnauts to, much better than flickrites

Anonymous said...

I love your blog scootie. Although you didn't mention the film we saw on Sunday, but maybe you're getting to that. Enjoyed reading how you rescued me at pheonix the other night - I don't know if I mentioned this but I was so relieved when the three of you turned up I could have showered you all with kisses. Which could I explain why I was blowing in Steph's ear...
I'm going to miss you when you're at the snow too... but you will have lots of stories and adventures to tell me about I'm sure.