Friday, October 20, 2006

Farewell to KPMG



Originally uploaded by Scootie.

Today was my last day sailing the wide accountant-sea at KPMG. After 9 years, 11 months and 2 days I

left the firm to start a new job as a Solutions Designer at CSC, a job I don't really know how to do and

something I haven't actually done before.
In my time at KPMG i've done just about every type of IT job that I was interested in, and a few that didn't even exist until I was put into the role. I've learnt a lot about providing IT services and honed my operations skills to quite a sharp point I believe. And now i'm moving away from the operations area and into design, working with a team to help put together designs and cost models for new infrastructure pieces for existing clients of CSC and occasionally to work on bids to get new customers.
KPMG was an interesting place to work and despite having had some bad times there were also a lot of good times, especially meeting a whole raft of really good people, forming the basis or seeds of just about every friendship I have at the moment, many of which have survived past the time the other people have left the firm, indicating that they are worthwhile friendships indeed.
The firm was quite generous in sending me off, giving me a very nice farewell gift (a portable hard drive to download images off my cameras without needing a pc - geeky but very useful) and also providing a significant financial input into my self-organised farewell drinks at Stellar Bar.

No comments: