Saturday, December 25, 2004

christmas

Well, what does any self respecting blogger do on christmas day? an update of course :)
In case you're wondering why there hasn't been one in a while, it's not in fact the normal slackness, but something far far worse. I've become 'slightly' addicted to a website called Flickr. Now I originally joined flickr only to make it easier to publish a few photos on here, and I've ended up involved and addicted. Yesterday I spent the whole day on the site, from getting up very early until going to bed after 12, and only spent about 4 hours away from it. It's pretty cool, you post your stuff and other people start looking at it straight away, then you look around, seeing other people's stuff, getting inspired to create more (and inspired to finally buy a decent digital camera) and start to get into the community of it. Already some people like some of my shots and my photo stream has had 480+ views, all in the last month, which is more than this blog :)

Anyway, enough about me, what do YOU think of me? :)

This last week has also seen the end of the working year at Blah House, and the arrival of the Capers Christmas Party, an event worth attending. This year it was at Melbourne Park, in the conference rooms, which I normally only see during dance parties, so it's amusing to go there for work purposes :)

The party was pretty good, caught up with some people and danced with some others and moshed a bit to Killing Heidi, although I had to stop because not everyone was into it and it can get a bit dangerous :)


KPMG Christmas Party 2004 034

The party also featured outdoor activities such as rock climbing/abseiling, which seemed more and more dangerous as the day drew on and more alcohol was consumed, and there was also the opportunity to interact with some native fauna, such as a frilled neck lizard, some very cool stick insects, a couple of pythons and a crocodile, which I held for a bit, they are very smooth I understand the whole handbag thing now :)

Later on there was some further drinking and dancing, with visits to Yak (but didn't actually go inside), Honky Tonks (some minor Absinthe damage to my brain) and The Wine Bar (met Shaz and Becs and danced until it was time to go home)

Overall a very good day, with lots of variety :)


No comments: