Thursday, January 05, 2006

Summer Holidays - Part 2



Originally uploaded by Scootie.

I also spent some time over the holidays hanging out with Kathryn. She had Nathan staying with her from Sydney for a week so we went to the Aquarium to have a bit of a squiz at the giant squid. Diana also joined us for a tour of the fish palace, I think we're all just big kids at heart :)

It was pretty crowded being School Holidays, but for the most part it wasn't a problem, just meant it took a little longer to get through it than normal :)

I got a few shots of the giant squid they have frozen in ice, although I don't know if it's real or not, since I remember something from a museum tour while I was a little kid where the curators told us that it's almost impossible to preserve a fish via taxidermy so they usually make fiberglass moulds and paint the appropriately, and shipping a big squid around in a huge block of ice seems a bit weird, but who knows, it might be real. Anyway, I blogged a photo of a jellyfish instead of a squid because I love taking photos of jellyfishes :)

No comments: