Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Of pictures and poets


Jeff Lemon
Originally uploaded by Scootie.

Tonight was one of the regular flickrwalks about the city, this time focusing on Birrarung Marr and the bridges nearby. It's always good to go on these things and take some pictures with other people, althoguh I try and not take the obvious stuff and usually end up taking shots of the weird stuff or shots of the other flickrnauts :)

Tonight was also the first time Fran's brother Jeff Lemon appeared as a feature poet, at The Spinning Room, held in ET's in Prahran. There were a number of good poets reading that night, some old hands and some new blood, but Jeff's stuff was really noteworthy. I had no trouble with his imagery, his words taking me to some interesting places and also reliving some interesting times, especially when he read a poem about Earthcore :) The night was very enjoyable and I thin I wouldn't mind going to another reading sometime.

No comments: