Sunday, October 16, 2005

public geekery


geektron 2000
Originally uploaded by Scootie.

Friday came around again, after a very busy week solving all the world's problems I was very much in need of a drink, but forced to limit myself to below my normal alcoholism levels due to the fact that I was On Call this week.
So after work we headed down to our new favourite little bar, E55 on Elizabeth street, for a few choice beverages. It's a very good bar, with cheap prices, good service, and jam packed with cool people and good music.
The other aspect of the bar, it's internet cafe persona, also came in handy when the On Call pager went off, because I was able to pull out the laptop and connect to work and sort out the problem, upload a quick snap to flickr, then go about my business :)
Of course it was a very public display of geekiness, but you get that on the big jobs :)

No comments: