Monday, October 11, 2004

Democracy, Personality testing

Had some interesting conversations on the weekend about the whole electoral process, and it came to my attention the not everyone knew how the two part preferred system worked (mainly because I explained it to about 200 people (ok, maybe 4))
It makes me wonder about what percentage of people actually understand the system that governs them, and therefore what sort of choices are they making? I learnt all that stuff in school, and I understand a couple of my friends who are recent citizens, but I guess I assume too much when I assume that all schools taught the electoral process.


Checked out a friends blog (you post too much Richard, it's incessant, nobody can write two-three lines a day, you're living in a fantasy world) :) and he had this, check it out, it's cool :)

What Video Game Character Are You? I am Pacman.I am Pacman.


I am an aggressive sort of personality, out to get what I can, when I can. I prefer to avoid confrontation, but sometimes when it's called for, I can be a powerful character. I tend to be afflicted with munchies constantly. What Video Game Character Are You?

I'm a bit concerned that I'm PacMan, I don't really like PacMan. I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm sure he's a nice guy, he even had a girlfriend (Ms PacMan, she had the same job, I bet their conversations were boring) But I didn't really enjoy playing it. I played my fair share, having grown up in an era where video games were few and far between, you played Space Invaders (Spacies), Asteroid, PacMan, DigDug, Summer Games, Donkey Kong, etc. but some games you liked more than others (Exed Exes, Discs of Tron, Rastan Saga, Spy Hunter, Defender) and you tended to spend your 20c on those rather than the others, so while I'm happy to be PacMan, I wouldn't like to spend time with myself because of it.
I'm also willing to accept the PacMan label because of the saying: If Pacman had affected us as kids we'd be running around in dark rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive music.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Scoot...I'm touched at your mention. 2-3 lines a day is easy give it a try some day. Richard