Tuesday, January 18, 2005

The last week has been pretty good in Scootie land.

Spent a lot of time in flickr of course, but also spent a lot of time shooting photos, which is even better. :)
The weekend was pretty good, Friday at Yak with a big crew of people I hadn't seen in a while, as well as a bunch I had seen a lot of.
Some fun was had by all and I managed to step back into the Friday drinks groove very easily ;)

Saturday was spent hungover :)
Although 'Teen did get me out of the house fairly early to go to a lollie shop in Glenferrie road that Cathy had told us about during the week. She was keen to try and get some Minstrels, which are like gigantic smarties, and this shop supposedly had all sorts of imported lollies and chocolates.

So we met up with Mick and Steph and Tanya and sought out the shop, only to be told by the sign on the door that they'd be back in 5 minutes. We opted to wait and spent the time looking in the window. The shop duly opened a few minutes later and we filed in, searching around for the UK section. Lots of nasty US candies with cherry, cinnamon and peanut butter in them. I don't know what their fascination with Peanut Butter is, I think it's a bit weird myself, but it takes all kinds I guess. :)

We found the UK section and located the Minstrels, and were disappointed to find they only had the very small 42g packets, which equate to about 10 minstrels a pack, instead of the 250g or 400g packets they were hoping for :) So I bought a Double Decker Bar, Terry's Chocolate Orange and some Coconut Ice and we left. No sooner were we out of the shop (standing outside eating our sweets) than they closed for another 5 minutes so the shop girl could go down the street. Not a busy day in the lollie shop I think :)

lollie shop



Saturday night Joe, Nick and I went over to Daimo's house to have a few drinks, as it was his 30th birthday. We spent the night drinking and hanging out and listening to music. A bunch of his friends showed up and they're all a pretty good crew. We stayed there until about 5am, and were in a very sorry state, especially Nick who lost track of the fact that it was early in the morning and that Daimo's sister was asleep upstairs so he kept wanting to turn the music up too loud :)

20050115 063



Sunday morning was spent hungover again, but it was such a nice day that I decided to spend the afternoon walking around Fitzroy taking photos. Managed to take a lot of really good shots and then duly uploaded them on Flickr :) I also went up to Gertrude street and visited the restaurant UME, where Narelle's brother Mikey had made a new sign for them. Narelle had told me the other week that the sign had gone up and I hadn't had a chance to go see it. The sign is pretty cool, so I grabbed some shots for my photo stream :) But the best photo I think was this very blue wall that I found near Wellington st, so I'll link that below instead :)

blue wall


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YOU MUST DIE SCOOTER! I can believe you posted those pictures on flickr- Peta