Thursday, November 04, 2004

another day, another movie

Watched a few movies this week, some very good and some fairly average. As many of you (of the thousands who are reading) that I generally go to the movies every Thursday with Georgie and today was no excpetion. Tonight we saw Anchorman with Will Ferrell, and to be honest, it wasn't that good. It had a few good laughs, and I could happily watch Christina Applegate all day (old Married With Children memories from the late eighties) but overall, not that fabulous a movie, probably something to wait for video. Yesterday I went to see Resident Evil:Apocalypse and at first I was worried as it seemed not to flow very well at the start (and had a lot of superfluous plotlines) but once you just let the violence and mindless zombie killing wash over you, it's a fun movie :) Milla, of course, kicks ass :)

While I was watching Resident Evil I started thinking of a number of zombie movies and realised that I must actually be a fan of them. I loved the first Resident Evil, thoroughly enjoyed Shaun of the Dead, and still rate 28 days later at the top of my list.

Apart from life in the cinema, i've also watched a bit of DVD this week, such as The Lord of the rings trilogy (extended, extended, original), Starsky & Hutch, Dazed and Confused (followed the song "Sweet Emotion"), Kill Bill 1 & 2 with the incandescent Kate at her place, Happy Texas (been waiting a while for this one, damn funny stuff) Uncle Buck (so funny, so very funny) Sleepless in Seattle (wanted the same sappy feeling as UB) and Sneakers (recent purchase) and now I'm thinking I might need to watch The Sweetest Thing, for some more Christina Applegate :)

Only one more day of freedom, then back to a nromal weekend and back to work. I have to try not to sleep in until 12 now, don't know if I can handle it :)

Sorry for the link laden post, but I don't want to assume everyone knows what movies I'm talking about.

No comments: