Wednesday, November 10, 2004

Killing your colleagues and washing part 2

Did the Uber-geek trip tonight at capers tonight, with network computer games. Kathryn and myself got into a bit of grudge work and managed to kill each other quite a bit, although driving a big off road vehicle into her and mashing her up against the concrete wall was my favourite :) (Halo, Warthogs).

The old saying that the apple doesn't fall far from the tree applies, as the geek doesn't fall far from the IT staff, believe me. :)

Now, to other news, there has been some comment about my need for a clothes dryer. Look, I know you're only trying to help, but to imply that there's some mythical 'magical' machine that can dry your clothes is just beyond the pale. I'm trying to eek out a clean clothes existence in this harsh world and you come along and throw mud in my face. Which, consequently, ends up dripping onto my tie. And you know how hard they are to wash. Actually, they're pretty easy to wash, just whack them in the garment bag, put the machine on gentle, and away they go. Obviously, you aren't meant to wash ties in the machine. You can't even dry clean them with guaranteed success, but the way I figure it, if they are so dirty you aren't going to wear them anyway, why not just wash them. worse case you have to throw them out, but you weren't wearing them anyway.
Luckily, 5 of the 6 ties make it through to the final round, with one eliminated due to disintegration (the stain didn't come out anyway) and another about to be eliminated as it also seems to be stained beyond my control :) it was my gold one too, oh well.

There was a time in my life when i swore I'd never cut my hair short and never wear a tie, and now I clipper myself to a Number 1 every few weeks and worry about how to wash my favourite ties properly. :) maybe it's this maturity I hear so much about?

No comments: