Monday, November 08, 2004

washing

does anyone else hate hanging out washing and having to bring it back in again? I know my flatmate Teen does, because we talk about it quite a bit, but how about anyone else? I don't mind doing the actual washing, as that's pretty easy (although I still laugh when I see my light blue socks that used to be white and the light blue towel that used to be light pink, obviously I also own a dark blue towel and before you say it: yes, I understand what happened, but there's no need to dwell on it)

But what we're here to discuss is the physical act of hanging out and taking in the washing. I really don't enjoy it. If I thought I could trade it with Teen for having to clean the toilet every time, I'd probably go for it. Of course she hates it too, so that's obviously not going to work out. I think I may have been traumatized in my youth when my chore after school was to bring in the washing every day. Also, clearly, I am very lazy. One chore? and it scarred me for life?

Nonetheless, it adds a great deal of dislike to the washing chore and the result is we always have washing up in our flat unless we have special company coming over, as we both wait until the absolute last minute to take in the washing: when we want the clothes or have another load to hang out :)

if there were some way for the washing machine to turn the clothes into dry clothes and hang them back up in the wardrobe, that would be very useful to me.

obviously if you have such a device/washing machine, then I would appreciate it if you let me know and/or just bring it over and install it for me. thanks.

No comments: